Friday, August 31, 2007

WANT TO BECOME A DOG?

UNEMPLOYED: "Sir, puwede po ba mag apply na maging boy?" (Sir, may I work as your errand boy?)

MAN: "Sige, ang gagawin mo lang alagaan ang aso, pakainin ito ng masasarap at mamahalin at kung ano pa ang gusto nya." (OK, all you have to do is take care of the dog. Feed it with delicious & expensive foods and give it anything that it wants.)

UNEMPLOYED: Ehhhh... sir, puwede po bang mag apply na lang na maging aso? (Err, sir, may I just apply to become your dog?)

:lol: :))

Such an anecdote came about as more and more people are leaving lots of their wealth to their pets. Just yesterday, the CNN reported that Billionaire Leona Helmsley left millions of dollars to her pet dog. Even in the Philippines, a lot of people passionately spend for the care of their dogs.

It will not surprise me if people in this country are already leaving some inheritance to their pets.

And it wouldn't surprise me either, if some people will come out claiming that portion of money in the will, by claiming that they are the pet being referred to.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

call me a dog, all you want.. just gimme the money! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sidney said...

It is quite sad if you think about it...

Anonymous said...

Arf! Arf!

marie said...

I love all my pets but I think that leaving them an inheritance sounds odd to me. There are more people in need of a decent living.

jc smith said...

I agree that there are people who needs the money more than our pets. However, some people are really passionate about this things that they'd do everything to make sure that pets get the same quality treatment after the master's demise.

jc smith said...

Hi Sidney! Looking at your last photos, I understand where you are coming from. With so much human poverty around, it is indeed quite sad to find out that some dogs are receiving care which is more than a million times more than their requirement.

statcounter

Activism Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory