Friday, August 24, 2007

UPDATED: THE MALU FERNANDEZ CONTROVERSY TAKES A NEW TWIST

I was told that there may be a new twist to this story. It seems that the Manila Standard is washing its hands off the controversy with an editor issuing a statement pointing at the PEOPLE ASIA and Philippine Star as being solely responsible and deserving blame for this Brouhaha.

The denial continues by referring to BLOGGERS as HAVING PASSED ON WRONG INFORMATION. Let me see... Isn't the bogus and condescending apology published at the Manila Standard? Wasn't the article entitled, "AM I BEING A DIVA? OR DO YOU LACK COMMON SENSE?"

Let me do some research. Should I find truth in that Pilate act, I shall write about it here. If you, my fellow bloggers and dear bloggers find something, please let me know. Bigots and those who defend them have no place in this country.

UPDATE: (28 August 2007): MALU ACCORDING TO CARLOS CELDRAN


UPDATE: (28 August 2007):
Babes Romualdez (People Asia) on Malu


UPDATE (27 August 2007): The denial referred to in the above article was made by a Manila Standard officer in his personal capacity. It was in a statement that he relayed to a few friends and was passed on to me. Well, I already gave my two cents worth of "Enlightenment" to his friends. That guy is entitled to his opinion and may just be misinformed. For the meantime, the Manila Standard is yet to issue its position on the issue in relation to the papers editorial standards-- they allowed the publication of Malu's condescending article, right? Other papers apologize whenever they commit mistakes. Maybe, Manila Standard doesn't. Or maybe, they see nothing wrong with Malu Fernandez' low regard for the Filipino readers and the OFW's.



No comments:

statcounter

Activism Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory